Friday 25 March 2016

Sights and sewing - New to Me in March

Welcome to the March New to Me Link Party.


The monthly celebration of trying all things new.

My New to Me's are a mixed bag as ever.

This month I have visited a New to Me island, Arran off the West Coast of Scotland.

We enjoyed some gorgeous weather and stunning views, so will definitely be adding it to our "must go back to" destinations.

I have enjoyed the very New to Me experience of seeing Scotland win a rugby game at Murrayfield :) Sadly I wasn't able to repeat the experience last weekend in Dublin !


And of course, the biggest thrill of all, completing my first ever piece of embroidery for inclusion


The Hardhome Embroidery
Hardhome Embroidery

in this amazing banner created by the Embroiderers Guild and others for the launch of HBO's Game of Thrones Season 5 DVD boxset!

It has been an interesting month :)

Now it's your turn to show and tell what you have tried for the first time this month. As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.


Celtic Thistle Stitches

Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on March 31st, so you have some time yet to try something new and link up and join the party :)




If your New to Me involves some Christmas or Holiday crafting don't forget to link it up to this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew Link Party too over at Pesky Life.

These lovely sewing charms are up for grabs for two lucky linkers!

Looking forward to seeing your New to Me's in March.


3 comments:

  1. Your new to me "projects" are so awesome that I'm a bit envious! But happy for you, of course :) I have some very small (but cute, IIDSSM) new to me projects for this month, and a couple of equally small but cute Christmas finishes :D I'm still sewing Easter gifties but tomorrow I hope to finish whatever sewing needs to be done - I'm "chirp chirp and hop hop" Eastered out (and I ate some of the chocolates that were supposed to be a gift, but I bought extras because they were on sale and I don't actually feel all that guilty because they were delicious, LOL!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being included in the embroidery project - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arran looks beautiful and your embroidery was a brilliant 'New To Me' :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...