Wednesday 25 March 2015

New to Me in March

Welcome to another round up of those activities that you have tried for the first time this month.



It seems to me like these monthly Link Parties come around quicker every month, but that might just be a sign of advancing age :)

New to Me activities have been thin on the ground this month, but I have managed to sign up for my first ever IG swap.






Here's my mosaic to prove it!

The #outlandercraftswap is for fans of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon, and was open to crafters of all varieties, so it is already proving to be great fun. The TV series of the first book, which seems to have already been shown everywhere except the UK, is due to air on Amazon Prime tomorrow (Thursday 26th) so that will be another first for me too. The first 8 hours of the series will be shown on Thursday, apparently, and then the subsequent episodes aired weekly thereafter. An 8 hour TV stint would be another first, but I think that is a step too far no matter how good the adaptation is said to be  :)

My second New to Me activity couldn't have been more different, as we ticked off another New to Me destination earlier this month, when the family travelled to Bruges for the weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday.



The city was beautiful and we all had a wonderful time, but I will tell you all about that in another post :)

So, that's my New to Me activities this month, now it is your turn to share yours. As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.



Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on March 31st, so you have some time to try something new and link up and join the party :)








Don't forget there is still time too, to link up to this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew Link Party over at Wonky Patchwork


There is 1m of this lovely fabric up for grabs for one lucky Ho,Ho, Ho-er 

courtesy of the lovely Alexie at Patchwork Elephant


8 comments:

  1. Nice mosaic ... and your second NTM is one heck of a great New - love it!

    YAY I have projects for both linky parties - I follow just a few linky parties (too many gets really stressful for me, lol) so I've started writing down the "due dates" of my favourites, along with the projects I finish for them throughout the month. No stress, and no worrying that I've forgotten something :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so far resisted joining Instagram, but I'm weakening... LOL!!! Sad to say there's nothing new from me this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing new for me either in the way of techniques/projects/outings. I love Bruges for a long weekend too. I am reminded of it every time I am in our family bathroom as I have a beautiful lace edged cloth on top of the chest of drawers in there that I bought many years ago. Good chocolate and beer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me like these monthly Link Parties come around quicker every month too! Bruges looks wonderful. I'll look forward to your post about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun swap. I was tempted but it has the same deadline as #nerdscraftitbetter that I had already signed up for, didn't have time for both but I'll be following your makes for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the Outlander swap too and very intimidated since it is a craft swap vs just a quilting swap. I tried to include all kinds of crafts in my Pinterest board, but I'm still nervous I might be excluding my partner's craft. That said, I'm really excited to see what everyone makes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't really felt the love with IG, but I bet you'll have fun on your swap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An Outlander swap sounds very intriguing, hope you're going to show us more. And I didn't realise it was a tv series at all, in fact I've got a feeling there might be a new book I haven't read as well, it's been a while since I read my last one, I'm very out of date with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...