One of the first Bees that I signed up for was the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee, based on the book of the same name by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison. For the first round of the Bee we made 12.5" slab blocks in various colours.
So, I duly sent off my blocks every month and received back blocks like these
In the end I had 14 blocks in 7 colourways, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange, which sat in my cupboard, whilst I thought about what to do with them.
Well, the time for thinking was over!
I decided that 14 blocks weren't enough to make a quilt top, I needed another two blocks to make a 4x4 arrangement. As I didn't have aqua blocks and had lots of aqua scraps it seemed like a good idea to put the two together :)
Next up, to decide on the layout. After a few false starts this is what I ended up with
I wasn't sure how all of the blocks would look, and was a bit concerned that there might be too much going on in the quilt top but, actually, I think it has worked out fine in the end. There are enough "quiet spaces" in the top that it hasn't ended up a headache inducing mish mash, well not to me at least :)
Now all I need to do is decide how to quilt it!
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts and