Friday 25 December 2015

New to Me in December

Welcome to our final New to Me link party of 2015. I hope wherever you are that you are enjoying a happy and peaceful Christmas Day!





My New to Me projects this December have been a varied bunch.

First up my handmade Door Wreath.

Christmas Door Wreath


A friend and I booked a half-day workshop to make our own Door Wreaths at a local college. It was a fun morning, although I was not the fastest so ended up frantically wiring up the dried lime slices and holly at the very last minute :) Ideally I would have added a bit more decoration to the wreath but I just ran out of time. Next year I will be much more focused :)

Next up my very first printed fabric designed by me and printed by Spoonflower!




The Embroiderers Guild are hosting a series of exhibitions next year to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the birth of Capability Brown. The photos I used as the basis of the fabric were taken at Wallington, a historic estate nearby which boasts a lake designed by Capability Brown. My local EG branch will be participating in an exhibition of stitched pieces designed to reflect the work of Capability Brown at Wallington as part of the national celebration. This fabric will be the inspiration for my contribution to the exhibition!

My final New to Me this month is my first attempt at a hidden zipper cushion back using this tutorial from made by Chrissie D.


I have a feeling that you will be seeing more of this closure method in the future, it was so straightforward to do and will also come in very handy if I don't have the perfect colour of zip to hand  :)

So that's my New to Me's this month, now it is your turn.



As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.




Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on December 31st, so you have some time yet to try something new and link up and join the party :)



Of course, if your New to Me activity this month involves a Christmas or Holiday make then be sure to link it up to this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew Link Party over at Mud Pies and Pins



One lucky linker will be the winner of this sweet kit courtesy of Sew Hot!


Wishing you all the best for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.



3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you make with your Spoonflower fabric, Fiona - something that's on my To Do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll be watching to see what the two of you get up to from Spoonflower - one of these days I'd love to make fabric for my sister, with her grandsons' names on it - what a cool gift THAT would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabric looks lovely. I haven't tried Spoonflower, but occasionally browse designs by others and they are so fabulous.

    I will also have to check out Chrissie's tutorial. I have a bunch of pillows I need to make this year and a hidden zip sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...