Wednesday 23 December 2015

Nearly ready!

Are you nearly ready for Christmas yet? As ever the number of things that I would like to make and the time that I have available to make them do not in any way coincide :)

Still, at least one gift has been sent and received in time.


Christmas Hamper

The Christmas Hamper with a homemade Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, jar of mincemeat and brandy butter is in the hands of my eldest son ready for him to produce them to impress the in-laws!

The basket and all the wrapping was from a local discount store and was the perfect size for the gifts I had in mind. It looked really well with the fancy pull-up bow, so I will be keeping an eye out for similar packs next year.

I found this delightful reindeer fabric on sale at Sew Hot and couldn't resist adding it to my recent order. If I somehow find a spare couple of hours in the next 24 hours it will become a boxy pouch, but I am not holding my breath on that one :)

The turkey and trimmings were collected this morning so it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here, hope it is where you are too.

8 comments:

  1. Have a good one, Fiona! Hope all your dreams work out for you next year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum on all the goodies.... surely he will feel loved! Merry Christmas to you .
    I'm working on some last Christmas stitching today for my daughters.... Looks like I might even finish with a couple of hours to spare on Christmas Eve. Oh Me Oh My Christmas is here! Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I baked cookies and butter tart squares, and made a Star Trek iPad pouch. We have company coming tonight for supper - fortunately we're ordering pizza, because I'm toast. I don't know if I can even get up to tidy the kitchen before they arrive, lol. I still have to package (in drawstring gift bags) a couple of gifts but I've done everything I'm going to do. Sure I'd like to whip up a few more things tomorrow (I bought a new puppet pattern last night and was hopeful I could get a few done, but ...) but I've totally lost steam and won't be doing anything more energetic than signing my name on a gift tag :) The Christmas hamper looks very impressive, and that reindeer fabric is DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing you and the family a happy Christmas and all the best for 2016, we are having our meal today so a quiet 25th for me, will be able to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky son to have you 'whip up' that hamper. It looks great!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hamper, Fiona! I hope you and yours had a great Christmas, and I wish you a wonderful, productive 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the reindeer fabric! Hope you had a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...