Wednesday 25 November 2015

New to Me in November

Welcome to another New to Me Link Party!

Where we celebrate and commiserate with our attempts at new experiences and activities and maybe help each other along the way :)

My New to Me activities this month are a bit of a mixed bag.

First up

My Friendship Galaxy Table Runner from Leanne's newly released pattern! I really enjoyed testing this pattern for Leanne, and hope to use it again in the future.

Next up a new pattern added to my Craftsy Pattern Store


My Highland Fling cushion pattern, which I originally created for Sewing World, is now available as a standalone pattern just in time for Hogmanay! I have dithered about adding this to my Craftsy store given the VAT implications but have decided that as nearly all of my sales on the site are from US based customers, then I will cross the VAT bridge when/if I come to it. I may live to regret that decision!

Today I am at a sewing class at Just Quilting to make a bag for sewing accessories, which in itself is not a New to Me, but this time I am there with my daughter-in-law, which is very definitely a New to Me! I am so thrilled to have someone in the family to share this with :)


And my final New to Me is another new destination!


It is the time of year for my annual Christmas Market trip with my daughters-in-law and this weekend we are heading off to Cologne. There will be 7 markets to visit so that should keep us busy :) not to mention lots of opportunities to indulge in the odd glass of Gluhwein! We can't wait.

So that's my New to Me's for this month, now it is your turn to link up and share your successes or failures as we celebrate the trying of something new.

As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.




Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on November 30th, so you have some time to try something new and link up and join the party :)



Of course, if your New to Me activity this month involves a Christmas or Holiday make then be sure to link it up to this month's Ho, Ho, Ho and on We Sew Link Party over at Rose and Dahlia



One lucky linker will be the winner of this lovely fabric!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to.

5 comments:

  1. very nice table runner, I have just made my first one but need to quit it, thought as I am having such trouble learning to machine quilt it would be good to try something smaller. Great cushion too. Have a lovely time at the Christmas market, I am off to the K & S show tomorrow in Harrogate

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW my new to me projects are a lot less exotic than yours :D Congrats on the pattern publication - that's a big deal, and a gorgeous design. Doesn't Craftsy take care of the CAT problem? <--- oh LOL I just proofread my comment and noticed that - of course it should be VAT, not CAT :D I think Etsy does, so I would have thought that Craftsy would as well? I'm sure you'll have fun sewing with your DIL - that's a dream I have too - one day, when the boys settle down. Oh - and I wear cologne - I've never gotten to GO to Cologne - have fun, and have a glass of Gluhwein for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - sorry to be a New to Me Linky HOG - the Bag It! challenge I'm in this month has really gotten me out of my comfort zone to try new designs - I'm having a lot of fun getting some new bags (and beaver, haha) done :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good collection of 'new to mes' this month. I took my pattern off craftsy because I couldn't stand the whole VAT palaver. Unfortunately, on etsy UK buyers end up paying an extra 20% but at least I avoid the paperwork :( I hope your cushion sells well outside the EU and that you have a lovely time at those Christmas markets :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seven markets with your daughters-in-law, that's an awesome new to me. Have fun!!! I love that cushion and hope you sell lots of patterns outside the EU.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...