Saturday 25 April 2015

New to Me in April

Welcome to another New to Me Link Party, doesn't time fly when you are trying out new things??


This month my New to Me activity has been a real mixed bag.

First up, another Camera challenge from Katy


This time we were tangling with speed, shutter speeds to be precise! So, where better to practise speed shots than a racecourse.

 I am really enjoying these Camera challenges, whilst the science of the photography mostly goes over my head, I am, at the least, having fun finding appropriate places to take the photos for each challenge:)


 My next New to Me activity, was prompted by wanting to incorporate a tiny ribbon bow in the Kilt Pin brooch I made for the IG #outlandercraftswap. Never having attempted such tiny bows with any success before, I knew that I needed help. Quite what help I needed was a big surprise!



It turns out that your ordinary table fork is the ideal tool for tiny bow making :) You can check out how that works here


Of course, you might find like me that one tiny bow is never enough :)


So, that's my New to Me activity this month, now it is your turn to share your New to You challenges. As ever please help to spread the word by linking back to this post in your post and/or adding the blog button to your sidebar.



Check out the other links too and, maybe, leave an encouraging comment along the way. The emphasis of this link party is to celebrate the trying of something new, whether it works out exactly as planned or not, so a little encouragement here and there would not go amiss! 

The link will remain open until 23.59GMT on April 30th, so you have some time to try something new and link up and join the party :)



If your New to You activity involves Christmas and Holiday gift or home decoration making this month, there is still time to link up your makes over at SLIK stitches You never know, you could be the lucky winner of this fantastic cushion pattern, courtesy of Bustle and Sew.


Looking forward to seeing your New to You activities this month :)

6 comments:

  1. I've seen the fork bow idea on Pinterest on multiple occasions - I didn't really think it would work since the bow is so small - apparently I should have just girded my loins and tried it! I agree that 1 bow is never enough - tiny or large :D

    I did get a tiny little new to me project done (it's a great stashbuster!) and the Christmas project I've been working on is almost done - I just need to put the pedal to the metal and get a blog post up. Once you take a break from blogging (for whatever reason) it's hard to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good for you for trying some new things. I never would have guessed to use a fork for the tiny bows. Your little gift pin will be adored. Thinking back on my month to see if I have tried anything new.... I am always intimidated by but in love with needle turn appliqué. So I have watched a New video to teach me how to do inside curves. I have yet to really do it. Also signed up for a New Craftsy course to learn how to quilt with my walking foot. Should be cranking out some good stuff with so much NEW knowledge :). Enjoy the week. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the fork being used to make Pom poms but not to make bows. We learn something new everyday.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your photography challenges taking photos is one of the best past times, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the fork idea so many times on Pinterest, it lovely to see that it really does make the cutest little bows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I know it's called needleturn applique, I've added my cushion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...