The Craftsy BOM is billed as being suitable for absolute beginners and I can see from the comments posted on the website that this is the first time that many of the participants have ever attempted quilting. Whilst I am definitely no expert, I think that there is a large capacity for problems, especially for beginners, when you are cutting and/or sewing many of the pieces involved in these blocks on the bias. Then again, maybe that is just me!
We are heading off to Tallinn for a couple of days, which is always a pleasure. I was hoping to have my copy of Zakka style before the trip so that I could stock up on linen, but no sign of it yet. Fingers crossed it arrives before the SAL starts.
Hopefully the trip will include a sprinkling of sightseeing with a few coffee stops thrown in (or maybe, even, the other way around!).
With maybe a bit of retail therapy thrown in, on my last visit there a couple of months ago I found a shop selling American patchwork magazines, so I am hoping to treat myself to some on this trip too. In Riga, I can only get German patchwork magazines, and neither my schoolgirl German nor Google Translate are up to the task of translating sewing terms!
As another Wednesday has come around it is time to work out what I have been spending all my time on. I already know the answer to that one - paper piecing!
Anyhow here is how my list of WIP's stand at the moment
- Reindeer Cushion
- Shades of Green, Fleur Bleu, Checkered Heart and Orange cushions
- Orphan Block needle roll
- Pieced arc tea towel
- Yo-yo maker purse
- Padded hangers and tutorial
- Sew Happy QAL quilt (My March WIP of 12 WIP's in 2012!)
- 3 blocks of In Color Order HST BOM (up-to-date)
- (Almost) Irish Chain quilt now basted
- 5 blocks of FPPFTT completed (on schedule)
- First border of teatime quilt completed, blocks calculated and half cut (the fabric that is not me!)
- 3 blocks of NY Beauty QAL completed (on schedule)
- 6 blocks of Craftsy BOM completed (on schedule)
- Indigo, yellow and violet rainbow cushions - Yellow fabric in post
- Last block of Sampler quilt - no progress but it is in the UK and I am back in Latvia!
- Sunflower Quilt
- Amy Butler bag
- Bag Making Bible Fashionista Bag
- Dragon Bag
- Patchwork Block bag
- Christmas mini quilts
- Zakka-style Sew a Long (starts April 2nd)
Hope you are all making progress too.
Linking up to TNT Thursday