Saturday 20 October 2012

Bunting on a Budget

Another first! I have just completed my first ever guest post over on Lily's Quilts

Every month Lynne runs a competition to win £20 worth of supplies from Abakhan Fabrics for their Projects on a Budget series. Readers of Lynne's blog pitch their idea for a craft item made with Abakhan supplies and Lynne then selects her favourite to be made and written up as a guest blog post on Lily's Quilts.



Last month the theme was Halloween and my idea for Halloween Bunting was Lynne's pick.

Now as it happens I have a great Abakhan store at the end of our road, so with a bit of help from Will at Abakhan in Wales and Kristin in their Baltic Head Office in Estonia I was able to source my £20 worth of supplies in my local shop.

Here is a sneak peek of my Halloween Bunting

Appliqued bat

To see the completed bunting and get the tutorial head on over to Lily's Quilts

The theme for this month's competition is "Winter Warmers" so if you want to get your hands on £20 worth of supplies and get the chance to guest post on Lily's Quilts make sure you leave Lynne a comment telling her what you would make.

Linking up to Manic Monday   and  Sunday Showcase

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Fiona. Love the combination of fabric paint, applique and stitching! Halloween looks like it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea and a wonderful tutorial. Thanks for sharing it over at Lily's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial and a really fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw it on Lily's Quilts! Great idea and great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Tutorial, you are so clever, well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great seasonal make I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...